(Eagle News)–Navotas has confirmed its first coronavirus disease 2019 case, also its first death from the disease. Over 100, or 125, are patients under monitoring, while 21 are patients under investigation. According to the city government, four patients under probe also died, of which one turned out negative for the virus and three were awaiting results. The Philippines has so far breached the 1000 mark in COVID-19 cases.
(Eagle News)–Las Piñas has confirmed 17 coronavirus disease 2019 cases. The city government said of the 17, four were from BF International Village-CAA, two from Manuyo Dos, one each from Talon Uno and Pamplona Tres, two each from Pulang Lupa Dos, Talon Dos and Talon Kuwatro, and three from Zapote. Two have recovered. Twenty three are patients under probe and 389 are under monitoring.
(Eagle News)–The Manila International Airport Authority has released its list of operational flights starting Saturday, March 28. Below is a list: MIAA said the flight schedules may change at any given time. “In such cases, please contact your airline for confirmation,” MIAA said. Earlier, MIAA said flight operations will be concentrated in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport terminal 1 starting March 28 to reduce the risk of exposure of airport personnel to COVID-19.
3 DOTr agencies advance over P10 billion in dividends to nat’l treasury to help fund PHL fight vs COVID-19
Money from PPA, MIAA, CAAP to be used to fund other gov’t projects, too, DOTr says (Eagle News)–Three Department of Transportation agencies have remitted in advance over P10 billion in dividends to the national government to help the country fight the coronavirus disease 2019. In a statement, the DOTr said the over P10 billion, which shall be used in other government projects, represents the total dividends of the Philippine Ports Authority, Civil Aviation Authority of […]
Immigration bureau: Foreign nationals whose ACR I-Cards have not been released may temporarily depart PHL without waiver order
(Eagle News) — The Bureau of Immigration on Friday, March 27, announced it would temporarily allow foreign nationals to depart the country even without the waiver order for alien certificate of registration identity cards (ACR I-Cards) that have yet to be released. In a statement, the immigration bureau said regular procedures require departing aliens with approved visas but pending the ACR I-Card to secure the waiver at the bureau’s main office. “We will no longer […]
(Eagle News) — The Manila International Airport Authority has released its list of operational flights. MIAA said the following commercial flights are operational as of March 27: MIAA said, however, that some of these flights may be suspended, depending on the situation. MIAA has said all flight operations will be concentrated in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1. It said this was part of streamlining operations to reduce the risk of airport workers and […]
(Eagle News)–Starting March 28, all flight operations will be concentrated in one terminal. The Manila International Airport Authority made the announcement of the concentration of its operations in the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 1, noting the suspension of operations of many air carriers due to the coronavirus disease 2019. According to MIAA, beginning 12:01 a.m. of March 28, the following airlines will be operating to and from Terminal 1:Gulf Air, Korean Airlines, Asiana Airlines, […]
(Eagle News)–Marikina City’s laboratory for coronavirus disease 2019 tests did not pass the standards on biosafety and space. According to Health Secretary Francisco Duque III, the laboratory was, after all, located on the sixth floor of a building, particularly the City Health Office. He said the DOH would ask for the use of the Amang Rodriguez Memorial Medical Center laboratory, or for another laboratory in a different location. “Puwede itong modular or prefab infrastructure lamang. […]
Seven recover (Eagle News)–The Quezon City government has 87 confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 cases. In an update posted on its official Facebook account, the local government said of the 87, 13 have died and 7 have recovered. The city has 39 people under investigation, and 234 patients under monitoring. In Metro Manila, Quezon City has the most number of COVID-19 cases so far. The Philippines has over 600 confirmed COVID-19 cases.
(Eagle News)–The Manila International Airport Authority has released its list of operational flights. MIAA said the list was as of Thursday, March 26: “Due to the evolving situation in the Philippines and foreign ports of entry, the airlines MAY randomly CANCEL their flights for the day,” MIAA said. MIAA said in such cases, passengers were encouraged to coordinate with the airline for instructions.
MMC denounces Pimentel for breaching COVID-19 protocols after bringing pregnant wife to delivery room
(Eagle News) – Makati Medical Center issued a statement on Wednesday, March 25, denouncing the “breach of protocols” by Senator Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III Tuesday night, March 24, when he brought his pregnant wife to the hospital for delivery via caesarian section. MMC medical director Dr. Saturnino Javier said that Pimental, who turned out to be COVID-19 positive, breached “strict infection and containment protocols” at the hospital, particularly at its delivery room complex last […]
Seven patients recover (Eagle News) — Quezon City has confirmed 72 coronavirus disease 2019 cases. The 72 cases reported by the local government on its official Facebook account on Wednesday, March 25, were an increase from the 62 cases it reported the day before. The local government said of the 72, 10 have died, while seven have recovered. There are so far 36 patients under investigation and 199 patients under monitoring. Of the cities in […]