(Eagle News)–Reelectionist senator Cynthia Villar continued to cement her lead in the 2019 Senate race on Saturday, May 18, garnering over 3 million votes more than Grace Poe, who is in second place.
Based on partial and unofficial results from the Commission on Elections transparency server, as of 4:53 a.m., Villar had 25,074,108 votes, vis à vis Poe’s 21,885,784 votes.
Bong Go was still in third place, with 20,401,715 votes.
Below are the other candidates in the winning circle, which has remained unchanged so far:
4. Pia Cayetano- 19,602,158 votes
5. Bato dela Rosa- 18,754,801 votes
6. Sonny Angara – 18,016,966 votes
7. Lito Lapid- 16,854,411 votes
8. Imee Marcos – 15,705,530 votes
9. Francis Tolentino- 15,328,755 votes
10. Bong Revilla- 14,513,759 votes
11. Koko Pimentel- 14,513,618 votes
12. Nancy Binay- 14,427,624 votes
JV Ejercito remained in thirteenth place, with 14,202,350 votes, followed by Bam Aquino, the highest-ranking Otso Diretso bet, with 14,067,144 votes.
The results are based on 98.05 percent of nationwide election returns canvassed.
This translates to 86,138 of 87,851 ERs, or 46,834,617 of 63,662,481 registered voters.