(Eagle News) — The Sandiganbayan is expected to come out today, Friday, Dec. 7, with its verdict in the P224.5-million plunder case against former Senator Bong Revilla in connection with the P10-billion pork barrel scam.
The First Division is also expected to rule on the cases filed against Revilla’s co-accused, his former chief of staff Richard Cambe and alleged pork barrel scam queen Janet Lim Napoles.
Apart from Revilla, former Senators Jinggoy Estrada and Juan Ponce Enrile have also been charged with plunder in connection with the pork barrel scam.
Estrada and Enrile, however, have been allowed to post bail.
In a Facebook post hours before the promulgation, Revilla, through his page administrators, urged the public to pray for the “truth” to come out.
“…Sapagkat ang pinakamagandang regalo na aking matatanggap..ay ang makapiling na ang aking pamilya at ang makapaglingkod sa inyo ng buong laya,” he said.
At present, footage from the Sandiganbayan premises showed his supporters holding placards calling for his acquittal.
Some of his supporters said there was no evidence to back the plunder charge filed against Revilla, as witness Marina Sula herself, they said, had testified that Revilla’s signature on documents for the pork barrel funds had been forged by Napoles’ cousin Benhur Luy.
They also noted that it was Sula herself who also said she never personally witnessed Revilla receiving the supposed kickbacks.
Revilla is running for a seat in the Senate in the 2019 elections.
It was his wife, Bacoor Mayor Lani Cayetano, who filed his certificate of candidacy.