(Eagle News)–Vice President Leni Robredo on Tuesday, Oct. 15, said she was “half-relieved” but at the same time “frustrated” over the Supreme Court decision to release the results of the manual recount of votes covering the three pilot provinces in connection with former Senator Bongbong Marcos’ electoral protest.
In a televised press conference, Robredo said she was “half-relieved” because the SC decision would allow the public to know what happened during the recount and “sino ba talaga ang nagsisinungaling.”
She said this was what her camp had been asking for, following speculations about the results of the recount on social media.
According to Robredo, she was also however “frustrated,” saying Marcos’ poll protest should already be dismissed outright.
She said it was Marcos himself who chose the provinces of Negros Oriental, Iloilo and Camarines Sur for the recount, where she said it was found Marcos did not have any substantial recovery.
“Ang sinasabi na niya ngayon, wala akong substantial recovery sa tatlo pero pwede pa tignan itong other three (provinces),” she said.
She said based on Rule 65 of the 2010 Presidential Electoral Tribunal rules, not more than three pilot provinces are allowed for the recount.