(Eagle News)–Reelectionist senator Cynthia Villar further widened her lead over her closest rival, another reelectionist senator Grace Poe, in the senatorial race on Friday, May 17, with 97.88 percent of nationwide election returns canvassed.
Based on partial and unofficial results from the Commission on Elections transparency server,Villar had 25,038,068 votes as of 7:29 a.m., as compared to Poe’s 21,862,695.
In third place was still Bong Go, with 20,363,829.
Below are the other candidates in the remaining Top 12 slots:
4. Pia Cayetano- 19,575,439 votes
5. Bato dela Rosa-18,718,859 votes
6. Sonny Angara- 17,993,931 votes
7. Lito Lapid – 16,832,640 votes
8. Imee Marcos-15,686,112 votes
9. Francis Tolentino-15,301,105 votes
10. Bong Revilla-14,489,071 votes
11. Koko Pimentel-14,486,029 votes
12. Nancy Binay-14,409,224 votes
In thirteenth place was JV Ejercito, with 14,182,936 votes.
Bam Aquino was again out of the winning circle in 14th place, with 14,054,560 votes while Jinggoy Estrada followed with 11,268,100 votes.
The 97.88 percent of canvassed nationwide ERs represent 85,989 of 87,851 total ERs, or 46,756,649 of 63,662,481 registered voters.