(Eagle News) – The Philippine death toll due to the strong magnitude 7 quake that shook northern Luzon rose to six, with the number of injured also rising to 136, the country’s disaster agency said.
There are still four missing persons as of Friday morning, July 29.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said the affected population by the strong quake and its aftershocks has also reached almost 80,000 coming from eight provinces and two regions in northern Luzon.
Five of the deaths came from the Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR), while one is from Region 1 or the Ilocos region.
Most of the injured also came from CAR, a mountainous region in the country.
Abra, the province which is the epicenter of the July 27 quake, is also located in this region.
In CAR, the deaths were reported as follows: one (1) in Abra, two (2) in Benguet, one (1) in Kalinga, and one (1) in the Mountain Province.
There were 1,583 damaged houses, and 99 other structures, mostly related to insfrastructure, which also had damages, the total cost of which reached P48.3 million.
Meanwhile, the NDRRMC reported that all power had already been restored in the quake affected areas.
As of Friday morning, July 29, at least 5,819 persons were still inside 26 evacuation centers. Displaced persons staying outside evacuation centers reached 1,512.
(Eagle News Service)