(Eagle News) — The number of those who were injured in the series of earthquakes that hit Mindanao since last week has risen to over 400, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office said.
In its latest report, the NDRRMC said of the 432 injured, an increase of 101 from the previous report of 331, eight came from Lanao del Norte, six from Bukidnon, 82 from Davao del Sur, 34 from Davao City and one from Davao del Norte.
Over 200, or 257, came from Cotabato, 40 from South Cotabato, three from Sarangani, and one each from Sultan Kudarat and Maguindanao.
Of the 21 fatalities earlier reported in Regions X, XI, XII and the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao, three were from Davao del Sur, two from South Cotabato, 15 from Cotabato, and one from Sultan Kudarat.
The two reported missing came from Davao del Sur.
The NDRRMC said 28,932 structures in Regions IX, X, XI, XII and BARMM were reported damaged.
Of the figure, 21029 were totally destroyed, and 7903 were partially damaged.
Of the structures that were totally destroyed, 20957 were houses, 26 were schools, seven were health facilities, 26 other public structures, five religious structures and eight were private or commercial establishments.
Of those that were partially damaged, 6888 were houses, 828 were schools, 66 health facilities, 55 other public structures, 15 religious structures, 30 private or commercial establishments, and 21 roads and bridges.
On Thursday, Oct. 31, a 6.5-magnitude earthquake hit central and eastern Mindanao, with its epicenter in Tulunan, Cotabato.
This was two days after a 6.6-magnitude one hit North Cotabato.
That quake’s epicenter was Tulunan again.