(Eagle News) — Former President Noynoy Aquino has been discharged from the hospital.
Aquino’s spokesperson Abigail Valte said the former president was discharged from the Makati Medical Center today, Dec. 17.
He had been confined to the hospital supposedly for a comprehensive checkup on Dec. 9.
It was Valte who made the clarification, following reports then that Aquino had been admitted to the hospital due to a heart attack.
Valte admitted Aquino stayed in the intensive care unit, but said this was only out of courtesy.
He was later transferred to a regular room, she said.
Following Aquino’s discharge, Valte did not give additional details about Aquino’s stay in the hospital.
“I will defer to the former president on the details,” Valte said.