(Eagle News)–The man who claimed to be the yellow-hooded character “Bikoy” in the “Ang Totoong Narco-list” videos against President Rodrigo Duterte, his family and some of his allies may apply for inclusion in the Witness Protection Program, Justice Secretary Menardo Guevarra said on Friday, May 31.
But according to Guevarra, Peter Joemel Advincula should first meet the requirements for full coverage under the program.
The justice secretary said so far, Advincula “has not submitted any statement under oath, much less any evidence, to support his allegations, either before the (Philippine National Police) or the prosecutor’s office or any other investigative body.”
He said Advincula should submit an affidavit and evidence before he can be considered for provisional coverage.
“His eligibility will be subject to a careful evaluation by the Department of Justice (DOJ),” Guevarra said.
Advincula, who faces estafa and illegal recruitment cases, surrendered to authorities last week.
In a press conference, he said the contents of the videos which implicated President Duterte’s group in the illegal drug trade and where he appeared were all lies, and that the Liberal Party, Senator Antonio Trillanes IV and other opposition figures were behind the videos.
Advincula said the objective was to oust Duterte and discredit his former aide Bong Go, who was running for senator at that time.
With Duterte out, under Project Sodoma, he would be replaced by Vice President Leni Robredo, by operation of the Constitution, while Trillanes would be installed as vice president, Advincula said.
The LP and Trillanes, who earlier said the allegations against Duterte’s group in the videos should be looked into, denied the claims against them and slammed Advincula for supposedly lying.