(Eagle News) — A Department of Justice panel has found probable cause to indict former Health Secretary Janette Garin and several others over children’s deaths allegedly linked to the administration of the Dengvaxia vaccine under the then-administration’s program. Also to be indicted for reckless imprudence resulting in homicide were nine other DOH officials along with officials of the Food and Drug Administration, the Research Institute for Tropical Medicine and Sanofi Pasteur, the dengue vaccine manufacturer. […]
Tag: Dengvaxia
Exclusive video report: Latest dengue fatality given a full dose of Dengvaxia vaccine
(Eagle News) – In this exclusive report of Eagle News Service reporter Gerald Rañez, he interviews the parents of the latest dengue fatality who was given a full dose of the controversial Dengvaxia vaccine. The 12-year old victim, Lennon Carl Ribo, had severe dengue and died 72 hours after contracting the disease. Before this, he was given a full dose of the Dengvaxia vaccine although he never had dengue before. He was given three […]
DOH upholds FDA revocation of Dengvaxia certificate of registration, says manufacturer Sanofi can reapply
(Eagle News)–The Department of Health has upheld the Food and Drug Administration’s revocation of the Certificate of Product Registration of dengue vaccine Dengvaxia, but noted manufacturer Sanofi Pasteur may reapply. In his decision on Aug. 19, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said the efficacy of Dengvaxia itself was not an issue but Sanofi’s “complete disregard of FDA regulations, which were precisely put in place by law to ensure safety.” The DOH said it found that […]
Dengue claims more lives as 88 deaths recorded in Calabarzon; PHL dengue death toll at 720
https://youtu.be/Ni0cRYSDqiY (Eagle News) – Dengue has claimed more lives as the death toll in the Calabarzon region reached 88, and the nationwide death toll is now at least 720. The Department of Health said that the continuing rise in dengue cases in the country is very alarming. Calabarzon now has almost 27,000 dengue cases from January to August 15 this year. Dr. Eduardo Janairo, director of DOH Calabarzon said that the hike in the dengue […]
At least 80 PAO lawyers deny calling for Acosta, Erfe suspension
(Eagle News)–At least 80 lawyers from the Public Attorneys Office denied issuing the manifesto that seeks the suspension of PAO chief Persida Acosta and forensic chief Erwin Erfe for alleged corruption. In an e-mailed statement to reporters, the group said the manifestation was “fabricated by someone else, unscrupulous persons who resort to shady schemes and strategies to advance their personal cause.” “We did not write the subject manifestation, nay submitted the same to the Office […]
Amid dengue epidemic, Duterte says he is open to using Dengvaxia again
(Eagle News)–President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday, Aug. 8, said he was open to using Dengvaxia again, amid a national dengue epidemic declared by the Department of Health. “I’m open in the use of Dengavxia again. Maraming patay na, it’s an epidemic,” Duterte said. The Department of Health has said it would decide in a few weeks whether the vaccine would be used anew. In recent public pronouncements though, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III appeared to […]
JUST IN: DOH declares national dengue epidemic
(Eagle News)–The Department of Health on Tuesday, Aug. 6, declared a national dengue epidemic due to what it said was the increase in dengue cases in the country. Health Secretary Francisco Duque III made the announcement in a press conference, also noting the 622 deaths from dengue that have been recorded so far. According to Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana, it is up to each local government unit if it will declare a state of calamity […]
Palace to study if Dengvaxia can be used for those who already had dengue to stop spike in cases
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jmJg3VcUjI (Eagle News) – Malacanang said that it is weighing very carefully and considering the proposal to allow the use of the controversial Dengvaxia vaccine for those who already contracted dengue. The proposal from some doctors’ groups and from former Health Secretary and now Iloilo Rep, Janet Garin comes amid a declared national dengue alert in the country and continuing rise in dengue cases. Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said that if Dengvaxia can help stem […]
Debate on whether to use Dengvaxia again heats up: PAO’s Acosta trade barbs with Rep. Garin
(Eagle News) — Public Attoryney’s Office (PAO) chief Atty. Persida Acosta traded barbs with Iloilo Rep. and former Health Secretary Janet Garin amid the debate on whether it is wise to use Dengvaxia vaccine to prevent more dengue cases. Acosta said that Garin has no credibility to recommend the return of Dengvaxia to the markets as she himself had been charged for her role in implementing its mass vaccination among school children. “Ginagawa naman niyang […]
Fadullon, pinapag-inhibit sa kaso ng mga pamilya ng mga sinasabing biktima ng Dengvaxia
Moira Encina Eagle News Service Naghain ng motion to inhibit sa Department of Justice ang ilang magulang ng mga batang namatay matapos mabakunahan ng Dengvaxia laban kay Acting Prosecutor General Richard Anthony Fadullon. Pinag-iinhibit ng mga pamilya ng mga sinasabing biktima ng Dengvaxia si Fadullon matapos nitong aprubahan ang inamyendahang kaso sa korte kung saan ginawa na lamang isang count ng kasong reckless imprudence resulting in homicide ang kaso ng dalawang batang namatay diumano dahil […]
Petisyon na pag-isahin ang mga kaso na may kinalaman sa Dengvaxia controversy, inihain sa Korte Suprema
PAO, mga kaanak ng mga namatay diumano dahil sa bakuna, hiniling din na ilipat sa iisang korte ang mga kaso Moira Encina Eagle News Service Hiniling sa Korte Suprema ng Public Attorney’s Office at mga kaanak ng mga “biktima” ng Dengvaxia na ipag-utos nito na pagsamahin at ilipat sa iisang korte ang mga kasong may kinalaman sa kontrobersiya na dulot ng bakuna. Sa kanilang Extremely Urgent Petition, partikular na hiniling ng PAO na ilipat sa […]
DOJ dismisses Garin complaint vs Ubial over Dengvaxia mess
(Eagle News)—-The Department of Justice has dismissed the complaint filed by former Health Secretary Janet Garin against her successor, Paulyn Ubial, in connection with the Dengvaxia mess. In dismissing the charges for reckless imprudence resulting in homicide against Ubial, Investigating Assistant State Prosecutor Claire Eufracia Pagayanan noted the complainant “failed to name a single victim who reportedly died as a result of Ubial’s alleged negligent approval and implementation of community-based Dengue immunization program.” “Considering that […]