(Eagle News) — The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the road closures that will be implemented on Sunday, July 15 at the Quirino Grandstand in Manila for the large Aid for Humanity to Fight Poverty of the Iglesia Ni Cristo.
According to the MMDA, starting July 14, from 6:00 PM to 11:00 PM, the stretch of Independence Road, Katigbak Drive and South Drive will be closed to traffic.
Staring midnight of July 15, the following service roads will be closed to motorists:
- Stretch of Road-10 from Moriones to Delpan Bridge
- Stretch of Bonifacio Drive from Delpan Bridge to Katigbak Drive
- Stretch of Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak Drive to P. Ocampo
- Stretch of East at Westbound Lane of P. Burgos from Lagusnilad to Roxas Boulevard
- Finance Road from Taft. Avenue to P. Burgos
- Westbound Lane of TM Kalaw from MH Del Pilar to Roxas Blvd;
- and Westbound Lane of Pres. Quirino Avenue from MH Del Pilar to Roxas Blvd
On its advisory posted in Facebook and Twitter, the MMDA advised motorists to take the following alternative routes:
- All vehicles utilizing southbound lane of R-10 going to Bonifacio Drive shall turn left to Moriones St. to point of destination
- All vehicles coming from Pasay area intending to utilize the northbound lane of Roxas Blvd., shall turn right to P. Ocampo St. or use Roxas Blvd service road to point of destination
- All vehicles coming from three (3) bridges (Quezon, McArthur & Jones) intending to utilize the southbound lane of Roxas Blvd shall go straight to Taft Ave. to point of destination
- All vehicles utilizing westbound lane of President Quirino shall turn left to Mabini St to point of destination
- Heavy vehicles/cargo trucks shall take President Osmeña, to President Quirino going to Nagtahan via A.H. Lacson to Yuseco to Capulong to R-10 (vice-versa)
The MMDA also said that the opening and closing of the affected roads will be based on the actual condition of traffic.