Many roads in Manila will either be re-routed or closed Saturday as Iglesia Ni Cristo (INC) members stage their global “World Wide Walk” charity to benefit Yolanda victims.
The Manila District Traffic Enforcement Unit announced that these are necessary for the event, which is slated to begin at 4 am and end at 6 pm.
Manila’s Public Information Office Chief Diego Cagahastian advised motorists to take alternate routes as the following roads in Manila will be closed:
- Southbound lane of Andalucia from Fugoso to Quezon Boulevard
- Southbound lane of Espana from Lacson to Lerma;
- Westbound lane of Lerma from Espana to Quezon Boulevard;
- Stretch of Jones and McArthur bridge; Northbound lane of road 10 from Moriones to Delpan bridge;
- North and Southbound lane of Roxas Boulevard from Katigbak drive to P. Ocampo;
- East and Westbound lane of P. Burgos from Ma. Orosa to Roxas Boulevard;
- East and Westbound lane of TM Kalaw from MH Del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard;
- Westbound lane of Finance Road from Taft Avenue to P. Burgos;
- Westbound lane of Pres. Quirino from Adriatico to Mabini and MH Del Pilar to Roxas Boulevard
- Northbound lane of Ma. Orosa from TM Kalaw to P. Burgos.
Roads or streets to be re-routed are the following:
- Motorists coming from España and bound for Quiapo to turn right to A.H. Lacson, left to Dapitan, left to Andalucia, right to Fugoso, left to Rizal or left to A.H. Lacson then go straight to Nagtahan to their point of destination.
- Motorists going to Quiapo area via Andalucia are advised to turn right to Fugoso, left to Rizal Avenue onwards to their point of destination.
- Motorists who are coming from Binondo area and are intending to use the southbound lane of Jones bridge are advised to turn left under the Jones bridge going to Escolta passing through Plaza Sta. Cruz, right, then left to Palanca St., right to Ayala Bridge, left or right to Taft avenue to their point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Plaza Sta. Cruz intending to utilize the southbound lane of McArthur Bridge should turn left to Palanca St., right to Ayala Bridge to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from northern part of Manila intending to use the stretch of Delpan Bridge, Roxas Boulevard southbound lane should turn left to Capulong or either Herbosa or Moriones to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from southern part of Manila intending to utilize the stretch of Roxas Boulevard northbound lane should turn right to Buendia, left to Taft Avenue to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Ayala Boulevard utilizing P. Burgos going to Roxas Boulevard southbound should turn left to Taft Avenue, right to T.M. Kalaw, left to M.H. del Pilar, left to Quirino, right to Mabini to FB Harrison or use Taft Avenue to point of destination.
- Vehicles coming from Taft Avenue or Quirino intending to use the stretch of Roxas Boulevard southbound should turn left to Adriatico, right to P. Ocampo, left to FB Harrison to point of destination.
- One lane going in and out would be used along the stretch of Independence Road and South Drive coming from Roxas Boulevard service road for those who would go in and out of Manila Hotel and H2O Hotel.