(Eagle News) — The Philippine Embassy in Kuwait has suspended its on-site services after one of its employees tested positive for COVID-19.
In a statement, the embassy said the suspension, effective July 2 and which will last until July 16, was in accordance with the protocols of the World Health Organization and the Kuwaiti Ministry of Health which require people in close contact with a COVID-19-positive to undergo a 14-day quarantine.
Those with scheduled appointments with the embassy during the period were advised to wait for the call or message from the embassy, “preferably through WhatsApp, for the rescheduling of their appointments.”
The embassy and its attached agencies can be reached through the following hotlines and social media accounts:
- Facebook page: www.facebook.com/PHinKuwait
- Twitter account: www.twitter.com/PHinKuwait
- Consular (Passport) Section hotlines: 6518-4433; 6990-2188
- ATN Unit hotline: 6500-2612
- POLO-OWWA hotline: 9403-9063
Filipinos in “extremely distressed situations” may contact the Kuwaiti government’s emergency hotlines:
- Kuwait Police: 112 (for non-COVID-19 related cases)
- Kuwait Ministry of Health: 151 (for COVID-19 related cases)
“The Embassy requests for the public’s understanding during this time,” the embassy said.