(Eagle News) – The Public Attorney’s Office plans to file an additional case for murder against former health officials and Sanofi and Zuellig Pharma executives responsible for the Dengvaxia mess that had claimed the lives of several Philippine schoolchildren who died after being given the vaccine.
This was announced by PAO chief Atty. Persida Acosta in an interview with NET 25’s Agila Balita as the Department of Justice is set to hear on Monday, Nov. 5, for preliminary investigation the reckless imprudence resulting in homicide charge filed by a second batch of Dengvaxia victims.
“Murder po ito.” the PAO chief said in the interview.
“Dahil po alam na po nila noong 2014 pa na mayroon itong serious side-effect,” she said.
He said that the serious side effects of the Dengvaxia vaccines, which includes the possibility of death, had been published before.
Health officials under the administration of former President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III implemented a massive vaccination program for schoolchildren even though clinical studies on Dengvaxia had not yet been finished.
“Napublish po iyan …. na mayroong mamatay kapag nabakunahan nito. Eh bakit kaya napakalaking pera, Php 3.5 bilyon na pera ang ibinili nila para sa 1 milyong Pilipino. Alam nilang nakamamatay ito, eh bakit nila ito binili?”she said.
More than 830,000 school children from public schools in Metro Manila, Central Luzon, Calabarzon and certain parts of Cebu had been administered with the controversial Dengvaxia vaccine under the DOH’s dengue immunization program since 2016.
The massive anti-dengue vaccination program was implemented as the Aquino administration was about to end.
The DOH has stopped this after Sanofi released an advisory on Nov. 29, 2017 which indicated Dengvaxia’s serious potential risk for those vaccinated who have not yet contracted dengue.