(Eagle News) — NCR (National Capital Region) Plus areas composed of Metro Manila and surrounding provinces of Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna and Riza will shift into “General Community Quarantine with heightened restrictions” starting Saturday, May 15 until the end of the month.
What does this mean? What are the activities which are allowed and not allowed under the so-called “GCQ with heightened restrictions” protocol?
Malacanang has listed the following activities
1. On the heightened restrictions in the NCR Plus, only essential travel into and out of the NCR Plus shall be allowed. Public transportation shall remain operational at such capacities and protocols in accordance with the Department of Transportation guidelines while the use of active transportation shall be promoted;
2. Indoor dine-in services in NCR Plus shall be at 20% venue or seating capacity while outdoor or al fresco dining shall be at 50% venue or seating capacity.
3. Outdoor tourist attractions in the NCR Plus may be opened at 30% with strict adherence to minimum public health standards.
4. Allowed in the NCR Plus are specialized markets of the Department of Tourism (DOT) following the minimum public health standards and implementation of protocols and restrictions as set by the DOT.
5. Religious gatherings and gatherings for necrological services, wakes, inurnment and funerals for those who died of causes other than COVID-19 in NCR Plus shall be allowed up to 10% of the venue capacity.
6. Also continued to be allowed in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions are non-contact sports, games, scrimmages held outdoors; and personal care services that allow for services not requiring mask removal, such as salons, parlors, beauty clinics, etc at 30% capacity.
7. Individuals, 18-65 years of age, can leave their places of residence in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions.
8. Entertainment venues, such as bars, concert halls, theaters, etc; recreational venues, such as internet cafes, billiards halls, arcades, etc; amusement parks, fairs, playgrounds, kiddie rides; indoor sports courts and venues and indoor tourist attractions; venues for meetings, conferences, exhibitions shall not be allowed in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions.
9. Interzonal travel from NCR Plus areas, except those conducted by Authorized Persons Outside Residence (APORs), shall remain prohibited in GCQ areas with heightened restrictions
President Rodrigo Duterte on Thursday night, May 13, again warned that local goverment officials where these protocols or guidelines are violated would be punished, and face charges.
He said that he would make accountable all local government officials down to the barangay level.
(Eagle News Service)