(Eagle News) – Former Philippine National Police (PNP) Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) chief and now Baguio City mayor Benjamin Magalong said that the cops involved in the questionable drug raid in Mexico, Pampanga had seized around 200 kilos of shabu and not just 30 kilos.
During the Senate hearing on Tuesday, Oct. 1, Magalong told Senate Blue Ribbon committee chair Senator Richard Gordon, that there was apparent mishandling of evidence in the raid conducted by the Mexico police.
He noted how witnesses have said that there was even shabu on the floor and on the stairs after the police operation in November 2013, that had been photographed.
“They were able to seize substantial amount of drugs and they just declared 30 kilo kilos of drugs,” Magalong said.
The bag which was used to contain the seized shabu could not almost be closed because of the huge amount of shabu inside.
The policemen involved in the raid were the following: P/Supt. Rodney Raymundo Louie Baloyo; P/SInsp. Joven De Guzman Jr.; SPO1 Jules Lacap Maniago; SPO1 Donald Castro Roque; SPO1 Ronald Bayas Santos; SPO1 Rommel Munoz Vital; SPO1 Alcindor Mangiduyos Tinio; SPO1 Dante Mercado Dizon; SPO1 Eligio Dayos Valeroso; PO3 Dindo Singian Dizon; PO3 Gilbert Angeles de Vera; PO3 Romeo Encarnacion Guerrero; PO2 Anthony Loleng Lacsamana.
The circumstances of the raid were also questionable, he said, when the CIDG conducted its probe and reenactment of the event.
Magalong said that they later learned that some time after the raid, the policemen who conducted it suddenly had a change of lifestyle and were able to buy luxurious vehicles.
The CIDG then filed a criminal case against the policemen involved after investigating the case.
Magalong said that when he retired, he later learned that the cops were just demoted and were not dismissed as had been originally decided on in the administrative case filed against them.