Fight Depression and Feel Awesome
The best anti-depressant in the Earth don’t come from a bottle of pill, it is from getting the right amount of sleep, taking a hobby, surrounding yourself with people who makes you happy. Making these simple changes in your life can boost your mood and of course help prevent depression.
We are just people, some days just rock, and sometimes we feel nothing. It’s normal to have those days where we feel a little bit down and everything means like nothing. You experience a loss, and it is totally normal to feel sad and grieve. Processing an emotion to let go is probably one of the hardest thing in this world. Hiding our feeling is easy, but hiding our emotion is somewhat hard to keep. Fight depression naturally by following these steps for you to feel better along the way.
- Be Happy. When you redirect your focus to the positive side, your serotonin level increases. The simplest way you can do is to do what really makes you happy. You know yourself enough to determine the things that keeps and feel you happy. Be with people who value your existence, surround yourself with human beings where you can talk comfortably enough to share your thoughts and perspectives. You can’t buy happiness but you can buy chocolates and that’s the kind of the same thing.
- Go out more. Spending your time with yourself walking down the street in the middle of the night can help you figure out what does it annoy you or bothers you. You can also call and ask a friend to join you enjoy the warm breeze of the night while exchanging thoughts opinions to each other about a particular topic. Sometimes it takes someone for you to feel better, for they say, everyone needs a significant other.
- Eat healthy fats. Researchers have found that eating omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (like those found in salmon, trout and sardines) reduces symptoms of depression. Flaxseeds and walnuts are also great sources of omega-3s.
- Do not skip your meal. If you feel hungry, you already have low blood sugar and it ain’t good for our body. We need to regulate our blood sugar by eating on time, whether you are battling against depression or just trying to ditch afternoon snack, balancing your blood sugar is the key. Make sure to eat regular meals and snacks, including a good source of protein at every one.
- Pursue your passion in life. Even if you do all the things previously mentioned above, nothing will boost your mood like having a sense of purpose. Find your passion in life and pursue it. Know your purpose in life and by this, you’ll find your path where happiness in life awaits you. Study shows that people who have a sense of purpose live up to seven years longer than those who don’t.
How do you handle depression or anxiety? Share us your experience in the comment section below. Sharing is caring! – Eagle News PH