(Eagle News)–The Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong has advised Filipinos against traveling to specific areas in the special administrative region due to expected public protests there this month.
According to the consulate, based on reports it received, the following areas should be avoided:
- August 14 – Sham Shui Po
- August 15 – Wan Chai Taxation Office
- August 17 – Chater Garden, Central to Central Government Offices, Admiralty; Hung Hom Pier to Sung Wong Toi Garden, Kowloon
- August 18 – Victoria Park, Causeway Bay to Chater Road, Central
- August 19 – “Clean up MTR carriages”
- August 25 – Kwai Tiang Theatre, Kwai Chung to Tsuen Wan Park
The consulate also advised Filipinos against wearing white or black.
In case of emergency, the consulate said Filipinos in Hong Kong may contact its hotline at (+852) 9155.4023 for assistance.